We've all been there: You toil away in the kitchen for hours, eagerly anticipating an Instagram-worthy creation when you open your oven doors, and then disaster strikes. Your carefully prepared cake is stuck to the pan and your guests are arriving any minute. Before you throw it in the trash and call your local bakery, give Jordin Sparks' easy cake pop recipe a try. In just a few minutes, you can transform a cake catastrophe into a major win and your friends and family will never have to know!
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 cake
- 3/4 container of frosting
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sanding sugar
- 1 cup sprinkles
1. Crumble the cake into a bowl -- the crumbles need to be fine.
2. Add ¾ of a container of store-bought frosting.
3. Mix together and form into little balls.
4. Place the balls into the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave (for red velvet or chocolate cake use white chocolate/for chocolate or vanilla cake use dark chocolate.)
6. Dip the lollipop sticks into the chocolate and then into the cake balls.
7. Dip cake pops the chocolate mixture, sprinkle with sanding sugar or sprinkles, and place on plate or baking sheet lined with parchment.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: Which Is the Best Grocery Store Mac and Cheese?.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!