There's no need to deny those pizza cravings because this sweet potato crust recipe is the perfect alternative. It's low-calorie, packed with flavor, and low in carbs — dig in and enjoy!
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Brush a parchment-lined sheet pan with olive oil. Place the sweet potatoes into the bowl of a food processor and process until ground (almost to a wet sand consistency).
3. Put ground sweet potatoes in a bowl and add the cheese, almond flour, salt, pepper, and egg. Stir to combine.
4. Place the potato mixture onto the sheet pan and press into a 12-inch round. Brush the top with the tablespoon of olive oil. Top with sauce and toppings of your choosing.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the edges just start to brown.
**Note: Calorie count does not include topping choices.