Dirty only one pot and enjoy all the delicious flavor of colorful vegetables and hearty ground beef. The combination of vitamins and protein will help keep you full and satisfied. Stir in some brown rice, and you are set with a well-balanced dinner.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce, optional
In a large skillet, brown beef; drain.
Add water, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (or if using frozen vegetables, skip to the next step).
Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat.
Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir well and serve.
Add can of tomato sauce at the end, if desired.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Giuliana Rancic Sets the Record Straight.