One of the most searched questions on the internet is 'What's the New Way to Eat Kale?' If you've racked your brain trying to come up with new twists, this is the solution you're looking for. Food journalist and author Talia Pollock says it's time to take kale out of our salad bowls and into the dessert arena. Her chocolate kale ice cream is sweet, smooth, and delicious. With a generous dose of this leafy superfood, you can feel good about asking for seconds.
- 2 cups fresh kale, washed, rinsed and torn into small pieces (Dino is ideal but curly kale works too)
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (agave works too)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, refined and unflavored
- 2-4 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. Blend everything except for your favorite ice cream mix-ins in a high-speed blender until super creamy.
2. Stir your fave mix-in (chocolate chips, cookie chunks, etc.) into the blender and give it a swirl with a spoon or spatula.
3. Dump everything into a freezable container (a metal loaf pan, Tupperware, etc.) and cover it with plastic wrap or the proper cover of your Tupperware and let it freeze for at least six hours or overnight.
4. Depending on how long it's been in the freezer, you might need to let it thaw when removing it. Either way, when it's your desired consistency, dive in with a spoon!