This simple cheese spread is so easy to make and mirrors the consistency of cream cheese -- just with a lot less fat and calories! Mix and match your favorite herbs and spices in this recipe for a different flavor every time.
Recipe from Food for Life: Delicious & Healthy Comfort Food from My Table to Yours! by Laila Ali
- 1 quart plain Greek yogurt
- extra virgin olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- herbs and spices such as thyme leaves, coarsely ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika
1. Line a strainer with a double layer of cheesecloth (leaving enough overhang to the yogurt) and set it on top of a bowl tall enough to catch the liquid that drips out (a couple of cups will be released) without touching the strainer.
2. Put the yogurt in the strainer, cover with the cheesecloth overhang, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
3. Lift the cheesecloth from the strainer and invert the yogurt onto a medium plate.Discard the liquid in the bowl. Take the back of a spoon or spatula and move it around the plate over the yogurt to make large circular swirls on the plate. Liberally drizzle oil over the yogurt, then sprinkle with salt and your choice of herbs and spices.
**Note: Calorie count is only for the yogurt.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Have We Overblown Peanut Allergies?.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!