1 1/2 tbsp onion powder 1 tbsp garlic powder 2 tsp cumin 1 tbsp chili powder 1 tbsp smoked paprika 2 tsp dried oregano 2 tsp dry hot mustard powder 1/2 tsp ground cloves 2 tsp ground pepper 2 tbsp olive oil 1 rack of large end beef ribs
1. In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, mustard powder, cloves and pepper. Mix well. Stir in the oil to make a crumbly paste.
2. Wipe the ribs with a damp paper towel and rub in the spice paste thoroughly. Wrap the ribs in foil to form a tight package or two–depending on the size of your baking pan–and refrigerate for about 2 hours (up to 12 hours).
3. Remove the rib packages from the refrigerator and let sit on the counter at room temperature for about 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 270 degrees and cook the ribs for about 4 hours.
5. Before serving, unwrap them and broil for 4 to 5 minutes.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.