Do you always have way too many leftovers after Thanksgiving? Get creative this year and use your sweet potatoes and turkey in a breakfast dish with this frittata. If you have a lot of guests staying with you, this is the perfect morning meal before going out for Black Friday shopping.
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups leftover sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 6-8 oz leftover turkey breast, chopped
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add salt and pepper and beat until blended. Stir in cheese.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, onions, and kale to the skillet and cook until the onions cook five minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add the sweet potatoes and thyme, season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Next add chopped turkey to the skillet and stir to combine, pour egg mixture into skillet and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!