These chicken cutlets get a trendy update thanks to one ingredient: avocado oil. Give nutritionist Dr. Kellyann Petrucci's recipe a try today to enjoy all the health benefits and refreshing flavors of this dish.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (place in freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
1. The easiest way to make chicken cutlets is to have the chicken partially frozen so you can slice it thinly. Place a chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with one hand. With a very sharp chef’s knife in your dominant hand, slice the chicken horizontally (parallel to the cutting board).
2. Add 2 teaspoons avocado oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat in. When the pan is hot, sauté several cutlets for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side just until it is cooked through. Be mindful not to overcrowd the pan. Remove the first batch of cutlets from pan, add 2 teaspoons avocado oil and sauté chicken. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
3. When all the chicken is done, reduce heat to medium and return chicken to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and let steam for 4 to 5 minutes, until the asparagus is tender. Optional: garnish with lemon slices and serve with rice.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!