- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup raw cashew milk
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup curly kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup unsulphured raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, cored and seeded
Preheat the oven to 350º F. In a small bowl, whisk the curry powder into the cashew milk. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until soft and translucent.
Add the kale, tomato and raisins and sauté lightly for 4 to 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the chopped cashews and cashew milk mixture to the skillet.
Stir until the kale and raisins are evenly coated and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, combine with the cooked lentils and season with sea salt to taste.
Stuff the pepper halves with the lentil-cashew mixture, arrange in a 13" x 9" oiled baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the lentil mixture is heated through.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Plan to Detox Without Juicing.