Licorice root is helpful when it comes to controlling your blood sugar, and therefore also curbing your cravings. Drink this when you are feeling hungry in the middle of the day to satiate your stomach and drink it on the 3-Day Summer Teatox.
- 4 tbsp licorice root sticks, broken into pieces
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 2.5 cm, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp raw honey, or to taste
- 1/2 bunch mint
1. Put the licorice root, ginger, and cinnamon in a large heat-resistant container. Add 4 1/4 cups of boiling water.
2. Allow to steep for 20 minutes.
3. Pour the tea through a clean strainer into a pitcher. Stir, taste, and add in the honey and mint.
4. Allow the tea to cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator.
5. Strain through a fine strainer again and serve over ice.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: Is There a Better Butter?.