Are you looking for a healthy mac and cheese dish? When this noodle dish with Greek yogurt, you are getting a healthier version of the creamy sensation you love. Also, since this recipe does not require as much water as regular mac and cheese, you are able to cut back on the excessive amounts of cheese as well as your calorie intake.
- 1/2 lb chickpea elbow macaroni
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sharp grated cheddar cheese (or any combination of melting cheese)
1. Put the macaroni in a pot with a dash of salt and hot water just barely covering the macaroni.
2. Turn the heat on medium-high and stir frequently (making sure towards the end it never sticks to the bottom of the pot) until al dente but edible, approximately 5 to 7 minutes or depending on your particular brand of macaroni. The water should almost be gone by the end.
3. Add the yogurt and cheese and stir until mixture is melted and combined. Then serve.