This savory, flavorful broth recipe provides your body with an abundance of nutrients and health benefits. It's a great addition to any liquid cleanse and it's also perfect to drink when you're prepping for a colonoscopy.
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white (shiro) miso
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 small celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 oz dried mushrooms (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 12 garlic gloves, crushed and peeled
- 2 tbsp loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 lemongrass stalk, thick outer layer and tops removed, tender inner bulb coarsely chopped
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a very large stockpot and add 5 quarts water. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth has reduced to approximately 4 quarts, about 2 1/2 hours. Strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Let cool until tepid.
3. Transfer to covered containers. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat before serving.