This sweet and salty balsamic chicken recipe and irresistible potato salad are a perfect match! The delicious flavorful recipe is an excellent addition to your summer barbecue menu.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled and diced
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
To make the chicken:
1. In a large glass bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to 12 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken, brushing on the reserved marinade in the first 5 minutes of cooking. Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
To make the potato salad:
1. In a medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water to cover for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Fold in the oil and vinegar. Fold in the onion, bell pepper, spinach, feta, and parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Are There Oz-Approved Waffles and Pancakes?.