A slow cooker is great for making chili, stew, and even dessert, but did you know that you can make amazing tacos with it too? Martha Stewart reinvents the wheel when it comes to easy cooking with these chicken tacos. Simply dump all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it cook to perfection while you're at work.
Recipe from Martha Stewart's Slow Cooker by Martha Stewart
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa, plus more for serving
- 1-2 tbsp chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 taco shells or tortillas
- grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat a 5-to 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, one teaspoon salt, and a quarter teaspoon pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until chicken is cooked through, four hours (or on low for eight hours).
3. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken; moisten with cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in taco shells, with cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and salsa.
**Note: Calorie count is only for the slow cooker chicken. It does not include tortillas or optional toppings