Martha Stewart's nut milk recipe allows you to make a flavorful and creamy batch of almond, hazelnut, or pistachio milk all within minutes. This drink is nutritional, extremely low in calories, and the perfect alternative to cow's milk.
- 1 cup raw nuts, such as almonds, cashews, pistachios, or skinned hazelnuts
- 4 cups room-temperature water, plus more for soaking
1. Place nuts in a bowl and cover with an inch of water; refrigerate overnight.
2. Drain and rinse nuts. Transfer nuts to a blender and add four cups of water; blend until pureed and frothy.
3. Strain nut puree through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth, pressing down on solids. Compost the solids, or add up to 1/4 cup to muffin or pancake batter.
**Note: Milk can be refrigerated up to five days; shake before using.