Chickpea pasta is a great alternative to traditional, high-carb pastas. The pasta is not the star of this dish, however; the delicous vegetables are center stage in this recipe. The tangy artichoke hearts pair well with the roasted flavor of the red peppers. Top with feta cheese for a creamy addition.
- 1 package of Banza Chickpea Pasta
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped and drained
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and quartered
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions, drain.
2. Return pasta to pot.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
4. Add broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add artichokes and roasted red peppers, cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining oil.
7. Serve with optional cheese.