1 tbsp cumin seed
1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
1 medium lime (juice)
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil
Chef Andy's No salt Reason to Season
1 tsp ground turmeric
6 small skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
12 (6 oz size) chicken thighs
1. In a small, dry skillet over a medium-low heat, toast the coriander and cumin, shaking the pan or stirring frequently until the cumin seeds darken and become very fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Combine the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, 1-inch scallion pieces, canola oil, salt, turmeric, and ground spice mixture in a blender or food processor; blend into a smooth puree.
4. Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl, add the marinade, and turn to coat the pieces all over with the marinade. Set aside while you heat the broiler; or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
5. Position an oven rack about 8 inches from the broiler element; heat the broiler on high. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
7. When the broiler is hot, broil until the chicken skin is brown and crisp all over, with some singled bits, about 20 minutes, rotating the pan occasionally for even browning.
10. Arrange all the chicken on a serving platter and garnish with the cilantro leaves, sliced scallion, and lime wedges.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.