Chef Ming Tsai is more than familiar with nut allergies as a chef and a parent. Knowing how severe allergic reactions can be, he's come up with some nut-free alternatives to recipes that typically feature peanuts. Whether you have an allergy yourself or you just want to try something different, this delicious soy-nut butter sandwich is a new take on an old classic.
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 tbsp soy nut butter
- 1 tbsp strawberry jelly (preferably natural and organic)
- 2 large strawberries or 3 medium, thinly sliced
1. Toast two pieces of gluten-free toast until lightly toasted.
2. Add 2 tablespoons soy nut butter to one slice of toast.
3. To the other slice of toast, add 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly. Place the sliced strawberries on top.
4. To serve, place the soy nut butter piece of toast on top of the one with the strawberries and jelly.
5. Cut diagonally and enjoy!