Chef Ming Tsai is more than familiar with nut allergies as a chef and a parent, which is why he's created this delicious fried rice recipe. Free of common food allergens like soy, wheat, seafood, dairy, eggs, peanuts, and peanut oil, you can share this dish with all of your loved ones without having to worry!
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 lb organic smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, for house rice
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, for house rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp greens reserved for garnish
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 pot cold water
1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok, swirl to coat and heat over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Lower the heat to medium and add the scallions, turkey, rice, carrots and all but the reserved scallions and stir-fry until slightly softened, about 1 minute.
3. Add the tamari and combine well. Stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. To make the house rice, rinse 1 ½ cups brown rice and soak it in fresh cold water to cover for 1 hour. Transfer the rice to a medium saucepan.
5. Put 1 ½ cups white rice in a large bowl in the sink. Rinse the rice by filling the bowl with cold water and stirring the rice with your hand. Drain and repeat until the water in the bowl is clean. Transfer the rice to the same saucepan.
6. Flatten the rice with your palm and without removing it, add water until it touches the highest knuckle of your middle finger. Cover and boil over high heat for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and let the rice stand, covered, to plump for 20 minutes.
8. Transfer to a large serving platter, garnish with the reserved scallion greens and serve.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!