While oatmeal has fiber in it, bran cereal can give your body five times the amount of fiber. The addition of berries can load up your body with even more fiber to help keep your digestive system regular. This recipe was created by registered dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot as part of The 28-Day Inflammation-Busting Plan.
- 1/3 cup All-Bran bran buds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla vegan or whey protein powder
- 1 tsp sweetener (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
1. Mix bran buds, almond milk, cinnamon, protein powder, and sweetener (if using) in a saucepan and place over high heat for three minutes. Stir.
2. Add water and cook until all the water has absorbed and the consistency mimics oatmeal.
3. Add berries and stir until they are cooked through. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: Canned Tuna: We Set the Record Straight.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!