Fill up on vegetables and protein for a hearty dinner on the Monday Dieter One-Day Reset Plan. Not sure where to begin? Try this simple sauteed salmon dish with fresh kale and crisp-tender Brussels sprouts. For more recipes and weight-loss inspiration, check out The Monday Dieter.
- 3 oz salmon
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
1. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes or until caramelized. Add just enough water to coat the bottom of the skillet, cover pan with lid, and continue cooking sprouts until water has evaporated. Set aside.
3. Add kale to pan and season with another tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook until leaves are just wilted but still bright green. Set aside.
4. Add salmon to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for at least 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Plate salmon with Brussels sprouts and kale and garnish with lemon juice.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Great Nut Debate: Why Oz is Worked Up About the War Against Nuts.