News anchor Natalie Morales loves the spicy and refreshing combo of chili and lime. If you can't find a store brand you can easily make a chili lime spread at home by mixing chili powder with a little lime juice.
Recipe from At Home with Natalie: Simple Recipes for Healthy Living from My Family's Kitchen to Yours, By Natalie Morales
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the avocado into thin slices.
2. Toast the bread and then drizzle olive oil on top of the toast.
3. Top toast with plum tomatoes and then season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the avocado on top of the tomatoes and then sprinkle on the chili pepper seasoning.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan to top it off and serve.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Never-Ending Debate: Once and For All Should You Eat Dairy?.