If you're always running on cup after cup of coffee, this clean energy boost is for you. As health and science journalist Max Lugaver points out, this recipe doesn't rely on excess sugar to give you the energy you need for your day. Instead, every single ingredient is a source of clean energy all on its own. Approved as delicious by Dr. Oz's Bite Club, these no-bake bites are also super easy to make. Just mix all the ingredients and let chill for a half hour, then roll into balls and enjoy!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
2. Once chilled, roll into one-inch balls. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to one week.
This recipe makes about 20-25 balls.