Lisa Oz's creative family salad bar lets each family member assemble a healthy dinner to his or her liking. On family salad bar nights everyone can eat what they prefer and mom can be rest-assured that her family is getting the nutrition it needs!
- 8 oz mixed baby greens
- Oz Family House Dressing
- Sauteed Chicken Breast
- Spiced Baked Chickpeas
- Teriyaki Baked Tofu
- 1 cup nut mix, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup seeds, variety
- 4 to 6 oz crumbled cheese
- 4 to 6 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tart cherries or cranberries, dried
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 large navel orange
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 Granny Smith apple
1. Put out a large bowl of baby greens, a container with the Oz Family House Dressing or any other vinaigrette.
3. Provide bowls of the nuts.
4. Next, set out bowls of seeds.
5. Set out the various types of cheese.
6. Peel the navel orange and cut between membranes to separate into segments. Peel the mandarin oranges and separate into segments. Core and cut the apple into bite-size pieces. Set these fruits out with the others.
7. Let the diners serve themselves!
Reprinted from THE OZ FAMILY KITCHEN Copyright © 2015 by Lisa Oz. Published by Harmony Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Cold Therapy: Does It Work? Oz Tests It Out.