When avocados get too expensive at the grocery store but you're really craving guacamole, give this recipe a try. It may sound silly to replace the main ingredient in guacamole with peas, but it actually tastes just as good.
Recipe from Forks Over Knives
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp hot sauce
- sea salt, to taste
1. Put peas, garlic, lime juice, and cumin in a blender and pulse until smooth.
2. Put blended pea mixture in a bowl and mix in tomato, green onion, cilantro, and hot sauce. Add salt to taste.
3. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes and then serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
**Note: Calorie count is only for the guacamole.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in America’s Avocado Frenzy: Have We Reached the Tipping Point?.