Peaches are known for their juicy sweetness, but they're good for you, too! The nutrients in peaches help prevent macular degeneration, heart disease, and cancer. Whip up a stack of this sweet and fruity breakfast to start your day the healthy way.
1 cup buckwheat flour 2 tbsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 egg 2 tbsp butter, melted 1 cup buttermilk 1 tbsp vanilla extract 1 cup fresh peaches 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/8 tsp salt 1 tbsp butter 1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a bowl, combine buckwheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg, melted butter, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the buttermilk mixture, stirring as you go. Make sure everything is well combined.
4. Heat up a pan with cooking spray or butter. Pour the batter by using a ladle or ice cream scoop.
5. When the air bubbles start to form on the pancake, flip it over. Once the underside turns a golden brown, remove the pancake.
6. For the topping, heat up a skillet and melt the butter on it. Add the peach slices, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir the mixture to make sure that the peaches are thoroughly coated. When the peaches start to soften (5 to 10 minutes), remove from heat and cover.
7. Top the pancakes off with the peach topping.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.