Less than a dollar per bar, this breakfast is the perfect way to start the day. Leanne Brown’s take on peanut butter and jelly in the morning will fill you up with protein and keep you energized throughout your morning.
butter or vegetable oil, for the pan 3 cups rolled oats 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup jelly or jam 1/4 cup hot water 1/2 tsp salt Additions: 1/2 cup chopped nuts 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit 1/2 cup honey (instead of jelly)
Makes 12 bars.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease an 8-by-11-inch baking pan. Pour the oats into a large bowl.
3. Place a small saucepan over low heat and add the peanut butter, half of the jelly, the water, the salt, and any other additions. Stir until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour the peanut butter and jelly concoction into the oats, and mix until all the oats are coated and you have a sticky mass. Dump the mixture into the buttered baking pan and press it into an even layer. Spread the remaining jelly over the top.
5. Pop the baking dish into the oven for 25 minutes. The bars are done when the edges are toasty and brown.
6. Leave the bars in the pan until they cool completely, about an hour, then slice them into 12 bars.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.