If you're craving a hearty and filling breakfast while on the Pegan 365 diet, you're in luck. This apple cinnamon oatmeal will satisfy your sweet cravings, thanks to the maple syrup, and will give you a dose of protein if you choose to add nuts.
Recipe from Rosane Oliveira, DVM, PhD
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/8 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 apple, diced
- 2/3 tbsp seedless raisins
- 2/3 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- cinnamon to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil over medium heat.
2. Pour in oats, raisins, apple, and cinnamon, stirring continuously.
3. Reduce heat and let the mixture simmer until it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes.
4. Serve in a bowl with maple syrup and walnuts.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!