Cloud eggs are the new trend sweeping the social media world by storm. They get their name because they are whipped egg whites that make them look like fluffy clouds. The texture of a whipped and baked egg white can trick your brain into thinking you are having something a little heartier -- like a croissant -- with your eggs. This recipe is also approved if you are on the Pegan 365 diet.
- 2 eggs
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, plus more for topping (optional)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a small baking sheet with a little cooking oil.
2. Separate the egg whites and egg yolks into separate bowls.
3. Whip the egg whites with the salt until they form steak peaks. Gently fold in yeast with a spatula.
4. Form two equal size mounds of egg whites on the prepared baking sheet and make a small indentation on the top (big enough to later place one egg yolk in each).
5. Bake egg whites for three minutes. Remove from the oven and slide the egg yolks on top of the egg white "clouds." Return to the oven and bake three to four more minutes.
6. Serve sprinkled with a little more yeast and some chopped parsley if desired. Enjoy!