Full of vitamin-rich vegetables, this low-calorie salad recipe is the ideal choice for lunch on the Pegan 365 diet. The combination of hot and cold ingredients will satisfy your palette and keep you coming back for more.
- 5 oz baby greens
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup string beans
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium radicchio
- 3 tbsp olive oil, add a little more for radicchio
- 8 oz grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- pinch of herbs, optional
1. In a large bowl assemble the baby greens on the bottom, topped by the artichoke hearts, string beans, asparagus and chickpeas, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Cut the radicchio into quarters lengthwise, rub the cuts with a little oil and cook in a hot pan until it starts to char.
3. Remove from the pan and add to the salad bowl.
4. Season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same skillet and cook the tomatoes on medium - high heat, until they start to blister and brown in spots. Just a few minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook one more minute. Add the vinegar and cook another minute.
6. Pour the "melted" tomatoes and garlic along with the oil and vinegar sauce over the salad and serve.
7. Sprinkle with some herbs if desired.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in I Was Pregnant and I Didn’t Know.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!