Looking to give your dessert a healthy makeover? These brownies are perfect for the Pegan 365 diet. The black beans add the ideal amount of protein and fiber and you won't even notice they're there!
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups dates, soaked about 10 minutes in warm water, drained
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
1. Line an 8x8 baking dish with wax paper and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or powerful blender and process until it reaches your desired level of smoothness. If you like brownies with texture, don't blend all the way. If you like really fudgy brownies, keep blending until totally smooth.
3. Press the ‘dough’ evenly into the prepared pan, sprinkle some chopped pecans and put into the freezer for about 2 hours.
4. Cut into 16 even square and return to freezer until needed.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!