This chili recipe is the perfect dinner option on the Pegan 365 diet. Made with a variety of fiber-rich, flavorful veggies and lean grass-fed beef, this dish will keep you fuller longer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more if desired)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground lean grass beef
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 14 1/2 oz can organic kidney beans, with the liquid
- 2 14 1/2 oz can organic black beans, with the liquid
- 1 14 1/2 oz can great northern beans, drained
- 1 14 1/2 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
1. In a large dutch oven heat the oil and cook the onions, carrots, zucchini, and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften - about 5-6 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and ground beef and continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the cayenne, oregano all the beans and tomatoes, stir well.
4. Lower the heat to a slow simmer and cook for about 45 minutes until the chili has thickened and the flavors have developed.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!