You can enjoy this Pegan 365 sweet potato hash recipe on its own or pair it with your favorite greens and paleo or vegan proteins.
Recipe from Rosane Oliveira, DVM, PhD
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted garlic
- 1/2 large sweet potato, washed and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/4 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring water to a boil and then add diced sweet potato.
2. Boil 5-8 minutes until cooked, then drain water and set aside.
3. Preheat heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat, then add onions and peppers, sautéing until the onion is translucent. If sticking or burning occurs, add water or vegetable broth.
4. Add sweet potato, roasted garlic, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
5. Continue cooking until ingredients have browned, adding a little water as needed.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!