Introducing: zucchini noodles. You'll want to get familiar with these. For this recipe, you'll prepare them with basil, pesto, garlic, and olive oil. It's not a healthy alternative; it's its own thing. The Zoodle has arrived.
- 2 cups packed basil
- 2 cups packed baby kale
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 4 medium zucchini, cut on a spiral slicer
- Black pepper, to taste
- Grated lemon zest, to taste
1. In a food processor, pulse basil, baby kale, walnuts, garlic, coarse salt, and red pepper flakes. Slowly, add in extra-virgin olive oil until combined.
2. Turn off food processor and stir Pecorino cheese into pesto. Transfer to a bowl or plate.
3. Toss pesto with raw zucchini noodles.
4. Season with pepper; top with lemon zest.
5. Serve and enjoy!