This easy no-bake dessert option is perfect for a big crowd. To cut down on prep time, you can buy canned cherries. To cut down on calories, replace the cheesecake layer with flavored Greek yogurt instead.
- 2 bags (12 oz) frozen sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup whiskey (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Cook cherries and honey in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Stir in whiskey and let the mixture cook for two minutes. Then stir in the butter until it melts.
2. Mix the lemon juice and cornstarch together and add into the cherry mixture. Cook for two minutes until it begins to thicken, then add almond extract.
3. Pour cherry mixture into a bowl and cool at room temperature. Then refrigerate until it is chilled.
4. While the mixture is chilling, whip the cream cheese and condensed mix until fluffy.
5. To assemble shooters, scoop crushed graham crackers in the the bottom of a mini wine glass. Next add the cream-cheese filling, then top with a dollop of the cherry mixture and a couple of sliced almonds.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in How to Reverse the Damage of a Sugar Binge.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!