Experts recommend taking three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar a day, and according to Jen Widerstrom, a diet expert and author of Diet Right for Your Personality Type, one of the best times to do so is before lunch. This citrusy elixir, created by viewer Jennifer, is ideal for keeping your blood sugar in check before you fill up on your mid-workday meal, and the addition of mint will keep you feeling refreshed.
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 lemon, preferably organic as the peel is included
- 1/2 large pink grapefruit
- 24 oz water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5-6 mint leaves
1. Slice the apple, lemon, and cut the grapefruit into quarters.
2. Fill a large pitcher or jar with 24 ounces (3 cups) of water.
3. Add the apple cider vinegar to the water and stir.
4. Then add the apple, lemon, grapefruit, and mint leaves to the water. Lightly stir the entire mixture.
5. Put the detox water in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or even let it sit over night.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The New Vinegar Prescription.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!