Keep these little bites in your freezer for a quick burst of energy when you feel tired or are simply looking for a sweet treat. The nuts, seeds, and other healthy ingredients in this recipe are guaranteed to boost your mood and make for a filling snack.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours in water, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 dates (softened in some hot water for 10 minutes, then roughly chopped)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried milk powder
- cocoa powder or finely shredded unsweetened coconut for coating (optional)
1. Purée all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
2. Once cold and firm, portion out mixture with a teaspoon or very small scoop and roll into balls (about 3/4 inch in diameter). If you want, you can then roll them in some cocoa powder or shredded coconut for a coating.
3. Store in a bag or airtight container in the freezer.
**Note: Calorie count does not include the optional cocoa or coconut toppings.