These vegan and gluten-free roasted chickpeas are the perfect on-the-go snack. This recipe is one of the most popular pins on Pinterest and for a good reason—people can't seem to get enough of this autumnal treat. Blogger Melissa King shared her recipe for them below.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, maple syrup, spices, and salt. Stir well.
3. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the chickpeas and mix until everything is well coated.
5. Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes, stopping every 15 minutes to shake the chickpeas around.
**Note: Leftovers can be stored in a container with dry rice on the bottom. The rice helps absorb the moisture to keep chickpeas crunchy.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. Oz Food Investigation: Low-Calorie Chip Craze.