Take the unwanted fat out of the cheesecake by using tofu. Tofu is a white and creamy and a great cream cheese substitute. This delicious recipe takes out half of the fat and none of the taste, so your family won’t know you’re trying to trick them with a healthier dessert.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 whole crackers)
- 6 tbsp soy margarine or regular butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 lbs silken tofu
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 oz soy or regular cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
Cooking time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
1. Make the graham cracker crust: In a food processor or blender, crush graham crackers on high speed until they are finely ground.
2. Add the margarine or butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Pat the mixture into a thick layer in the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
3. Make the filling: Allow the ingredients to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
4. In a food processor or blender, puree the tofu and pumpkin until smooth. Add the sugar, spices, soy cream cheese, and vanilla and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
5. Pour the tofu mixture into the prepared pie crusts and bake for 50 minutes, until the cheesecake mixture is firm.
6. Turn the oven off, leaving the cake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight and serve slightly chilled.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Insanely Popular Health Rules You Should Ignore Immediately.