The keto diet focuses on a high-fat and low-carb method to burn fat for maximum weight loss. This quiche recipe has those compenents, plus a lot of protein, making it a hearty and filling breakfast option for those on the diet.
1 (12 oz) package bacon 8 large eggs 1/2 cup whole milk or cream 1/2 yellow onion, chopped 1 cup sliced mushrooms 1 cup diced zucchini Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In an oven-safe skillet (preferably cast iron), weave the bacon slices into a lattice – just like you would the top of a pie crust.
3. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the fat begins to render. The edges of the bacon will begin to curl slightly as it cooks; remove it from the oven when this begins to happen, so that the "crust" does not shrink too much before you add the filling.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk or cream. Then stir in the chopped onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture over the bacon lattice in the skillet.
6. Place skillet back in the oven and bake another 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked through and firm.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.