Put your leftover brown rice to good use by making this delicious soup. This dish is healthy for you, makes enough to save some for later, and only takes 10 minutes to make.
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 5 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth
- 15 oz can organic fat free refried beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves or parsley
1. In a medium pot, heat the oil and sautee the onions until they start to soften (about 5 minutes).
2. Stir in the garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook until fragrant (about one minute).
3. Add in the vegetable broth, whisk in the refried beans and bring to a boil.
4. Turn heat down to a simmer, stir in the rice and continue cooking for 5 more minutes, until heated through.
5. Serve topped with cilantro or parsley.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!