Quinoa is a healthy and hearty grain that is high in fiber and serves as a whole-grain substitute to rice or pasta. Try adding in vegetables, like the ones below, to create a nutritious and filling lunch or dinner.
8 oz quinoa, rinsed 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled 8 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered 8 oz mushrooms of your choice 8 oz vegetable broth 6 oz cucumber, peeled, diced 1 oz spring onions, finely sliced 1 oz red onions, finely sliced 1 clove garlic, finely diced 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp olive oil a twig of coriander and mint salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, sweat the onions, garlic, and mushrooms in one tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Let cook for about three minutes. Add in the quinoa and stir well for another three minutes.
3. Deglaze with the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
4. When the quinoa is cooked to desired texture, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5. Now, in a large bowl, add the rest of the olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, and the lemon juice. Whisk until well-combined.
6. Add in the remaining ingredients and adjust seasonings.
7. To serve, spoon a generous amount into a salad bowl and serve with toasted garlic bread.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.