Makes six 1/2 cup servings
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Rinse quinoa in cold water if saponin has been removed, if not rinse in hot water. Add rinsed quinoa to boiling water and, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes.
2. Add dried cherries, cranberries and simmer until liquid is absorbed about an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
3. While quinoa is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Remove quinoa from heat and combine pureed mixture with quinoa and mix well.
5. Place in serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.