Quinoa is a healthy whole grain that has a lot of protein in it. Spice up your side dishes by making this nutrient-rich, Peruvian-inspired quinoa with purple potatoes at your next gathering.
- 1 cup cubed purple potato
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the purple potatoes in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, and cumin, and salt. Place in the oven and roast until tender, about 20 minutes and stir halfway through.
3. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and let it sit off the heat for about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil with the lime zest and juice. Add the quinoa into the bowl and stir in the spinach, carrot, and cooked purple potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Divide the quinoa into bowls and top with avocado. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.