This pumpkin crostini recipe from celebrity chef Rachael Ray is crispy, charred, buttery, and absolutely delicious. Make it with kale, speck, or prosciutto.
- 1/4 of a cheese pumpkin, seeded (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tbsp butter
- 16 sage leaves
- white or whole grain bread, cut into rounds and charred
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. And then to broil.
2. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes to an hour. Cool and scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash.
3. In a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter and add the sage leaves. Cook until crisp and remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour the butter (while hot) into the mashed pumpkin and stir to combine. To serve, top charred rounds of bread with the pumpkin mixture and the crispy kale or speck or prosciutto.
*To serve with crispy kale: Place 1 bunch Tuscan kale on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a wire rack. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Broil until crispy, let cool, and then crumble into large bite-sized pieces.
*To serve with crispy speck or prosciutto: Arrange 6-8 slices of speck or prosciutto on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until crisp, about 7-8 minutes. Let cool and then break into bite-sized pieces.
© 2016 Ray Marks Co. LLC. All rights reserved.