This creamy coating is a great way to top off any of your vegetables. The fresh cow or sheep’s milk ricotta cheese makes it healthier than your regular dressing. It’s also a perfect topping for this roasted cauliflower.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 to 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 tbsp EVOO olive oil
- kosher or sea salt
- coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a small bowl, stir the ricotta with a little cream to make it more spreadable. Use fresh cow or sheep's milk ricotta if you can.
2. Stir in the EVOO and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parm.
3. When the basic cauliflower recipe directs you to do so, spread on the coating. Sprinkle the cauliflower with the remaining 1/4 cup Parm and continue as directed.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in How Rachael Ray’s 2 Perfect Sauces Make 5 Healthy Weekday Meals.