Cauliflower is a simple way to substitute out any pasta, rice, or potatoes. Low in carbohydrates, it’s easy to make and easy to flavor making it a versatile dish. Top the cauliflower with this ricotta cream and thyme coating, or try out your own version.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Trimm the leaves off the cauliflower and cut away the core.
3. Place the whole cauliflower in a shallow baking dish, add the stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with foil and roast for 1 hour.
4. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Remove the foil from the cauliflower and spread with the coating of choice. Return it to the oven to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in How Rachael Ray’s 2 Perfect Sauces Make 5 Healthy Weekday Meals.