With rising food prices, it can be hard to get your money’s worth at the grocery store. Thankfully, celebrity chef Rachael Ray has some tips for how to stretch your dollars while slimming your waist. Canned tuna is an inexpensive weight-loss helper that can be purchased for as low as 50 cents a can. Make this tuna salad on Sunday and save money on lunch during the week.
- 4 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 clove garlic, minced into a paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (10 oz) box of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts in water, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 hearts of romaine (optional)
Add the tuna to a medium-size mixing bowl along with the garlic, lemon, spinach, artichoke hearts, red onion, salt and pepper and extra virgin olive oil. Lightly mix to combine while leaving some nice chunks of tuna. Serve on crisp romaine lettuce leaves or on top of a salad. You can also use this tuna salad for a sandwich.
Tune in on Friday, May 13 to see Dr. Oz on The Rachael Ray Show! Check your local listings.