2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp butter 1 chopped onion 1 small rib celery chopped with leaves 1 chopped or grated carrot 2 large cloves of garlic pinch of salt 1 tbsp of Calabrian chili pasta or 1 tsp of chili flakes 2 tbsp chopped thyme 2 tbsp sun dried tomato pasta 3 cup chicken stock 1 28 oz can of San Marzano tomatoes 1/3 cup heavy cream few leaves of basil freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese 1/3 cup polenta
1. In a large pot, heat EVOO on medium to medium high. Move the pan until the oil coats the bottom.
2. Melt in the butter. Then, add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic. Season with salt, chili pasta, and thyme.
3. Let items in pot soften for 5-6 minutes with lid on. Stir occassionally.
4. Stir in tomato paste and stock. Then, bring to a boil.
5. Slowly add tomatoes in and break them up with a wooden spoon. Let food simmer at a low boil for 8-10 minutes.
6. With an immersion blender, puree the soup and whisk in the polenta.
7. Lower the heat and stir in the cream. Taste your dish to see if you need added salt.
8. If you find your soup is too thick, add in water or stock.
9. Serve soup in shallow bowls. Top your dishes with basil leaves and cheese.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.