If you want to lose weight but worry you'll have to sacrifice delicious foods, you're in luck. This cheesy frittata recipe, courtesy of Megan Casper, M.S., RDN, owner of Megan Casper Nutrition, and writer for Nourished Bite, is a protein powerhouse. Try adding the vegetables below or mix and match to find your favorite creation.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 oz baby kale and spinach
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Spray an 8 1/2-inch by 12-inch glass or casserole dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add red peppers on low and cook until tender. Add kale and spinach, occasionally stirring until greens are wilted, or for about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer peppers and greens to the dish, spreading evenly. Add sliced scallions.
5. Beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the pan. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Bake about 35-40 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to lightly brown. For additional color, place under broiler for an additional 1 to 3 minutes, watching carefully to make sure the top doesn’t burn. Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting.
7. Serve warm or refrigerate for a quick breakfast during the week. Microwave for 1-2 minutes to reheat.